Sunday 9 January 2011

Why I wish to study at MMU and a bit about myself.

I wish to study fine art at MMU as I believe that the nature of the course will allow me to experiment and develop in a broad way.The programme looks exciting and will give me the opportunity to be innovative whilst allowing me to gain more skills and support my creative ideas.  I am interested in all aspects of fine art such as painting and sculpture. I like to incorporate different media into my work; for example I am currently developing the concept of a kinetic sculpture in Art, and in Art Textiles I am experimenting with the idea of a sculptural fashion piece based on boats and sails. I enjoy manipulating paint and like to work in a textual way. I particularly like portraiture as I enjoy creating a character and story behind my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment